In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mauser 2000 "Krupp Special W. Germany"

Steve MathisonSteve Mathison Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ask the Experts
I need a scope base and 1" rings for my Dad's Mauser 2000 "Krupp Special" W. Germany. We tried to mount a scope at the local big box sports store and found that the weaver base that is installed was not a level fit. I have searched the internet and cannot find an exact fit Base. I did find an auction on Gun Broker for an Old Redfield base but it is Special for Redfield no adjust Scope. I Prefer Leupold Single Base.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to a real gunsmith. They will have shims that will "level" up the Weaver base. Or google search for the rifle specific bases.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Redfield base. Way back in the day Leopold and Redfield had windage adjustment in the scope base because scopes either had limited or no windage adjustment. A modern scope will work just fine. Center the scope adjustment, then bore sight the scope in using the windage in the mounts. Lock the mount adjustment down and just use the scope knobs to actually sight the rifle in.

added Glad to help. Here is a lead cut and pasted
    "Just thought you might like to know that the Mauser Model 2000 was made from May 1968 until 1974. However it was a not a real Mauser actually being a Hyem SR10"
  • Steve MathisonSteve Mathison Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks 007, I did a lot of searching and did not come up with a good answer for a correct fit. I will reconsider the one on Auction. The rifle is a keeper either way. Dad is 96 but does not hunt any more. My sons are also carrying on the Tradition. Northern Wis, is a true hunters paradise!
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would follow Charlie's advice about taking it to a knowledgeable gunsmith.

Very few were imported into the U.S.. And doubtful that they were D & T'd for Weaver bases, from the factory.

Likely the bases that are on it now, were for some U.S. made rifle. And were jury rigged to fit the Mauser.
  • Steve MathisonSteve Mathison Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rufe!Im sure Dad installed them himself.
    He ordered the Gun as a gift for himself when he retired.
    Only new gun he ever owned. He gave me the rifle, two Model 12 Winchesters, & Winchester 63 22LR. I am blessed!
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW, Brownell's lists a set of Warne bases (not a one piece base) for a Carl Gustav 2000. I know there are lots of Swedish Mausers and Gustavwerke built a lot of them, but I don't know if they built a version of the 2000. It's a pretty exotic rifle, if it's the switch caliber model. Fjestad lists it as being made by F. W. Heym for Mauser.

It doesn't look like the Gustav 2000 and the Mauser 2000 are the same, but you may be able to find someone who has some Heym parts.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Talley makes a two piece base for the Model 2000, but I think the only rings made for the mounts are 30mm. Redfield use to make a base for it. The receiver is suppose to be the same as the Heym SR10? and some say standard 98 Mauser scope mounts will fit, but I can't verify that.
    Maybe nononsense can help you.
    Edit: The 2000 was scoped, the 3000 was iron sights.
  • Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the MB 2000 the same contour as the 3000? If so Weaver 68 and 46.