In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

+ 3 1911

gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
edited July 2016 in Ask the Experts
Bill
I checked the hooks and found them to be only .015"

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I have been watching This topic from the beginning with Interest . You are in good hands if you listen to Forgemonkey . Your post shows that when someone decides to build a pistol from unknown quality of parts that person can end up putting together a FRANKING- GUN that can kill the shooter or bystander. on the other hand Good quality Parts are much better to build as then everything will be easier to fit The first CLONE 1911 Frames were at best hit or miss I used to by 5 at a time and some were so bad Better to just make a paper weight out of them .
  • Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I going to start again with a different hammer and sear, plus taking time to make pins for use in checking sear engagement.
    I visually checked the parts when I got them and since they looked OK put them with the slide and frame.
    With the guidance of forgemonkey it has turned out was not a good idea without checking to be sure the parts meet specifications.
    Thanks to forgemonkey for looking over my shoulder
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are well on your way to understanding the difference between gun assembler and gunsmith.