In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bulk 9mm ammo

Fazer1Fazer1 Member Posts: 332
edited August 2016 in Ask the Experts
Is there any of the bulk stuff that is close to thew Winchester white box. I want to use it at the range, but also in my older pistols, P-38, Luger and so on, so I don't want anything too hot.

Any suggestions or do I just stick with the white box.

Thanks

Comments

• kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    White box is great range ammo.....federal is kinda hot....I would check out the perfecta.....it's about standard velocity and not too expensive.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a 1000 rd case of Winchester 115gr 9mm FMJ here on GB yesterday, $202. There is plenty of it.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,452 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Georgia arms canned heat is pretty good they may be at gun shows in your area
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One of the biggest factors in the early reputation of the Lugers for jamming and being unreliable was because American 9mm was loaded lighter than the European stuff it was spec'd for. In WW II the Germans used the same 9mm in their pistols, P-08, P-35 (Browning), P-35 (Radom) and P-38 Walther and in their SMG's. If the P-38 is war time (i.e. steel frame) and has good springs it should work just fine with everything up to 9mm NATO.
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Funny thing is I had a squib with that ammo! Heard a fainter report than normal. Opened the action and saw the bullet lodged in the barrel. Had to take it home and remove it. Depends what type of weapon. For surplus weapons I use Wolf or any of the Russian steel case. For modern weapons like Glock, Sig, etc. I use at least Blazer brass or Provide to save money.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,530 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually carry a 124gr JHP so this is what I practice with.
    S G Ammo . com Gecko 124 gr fmj
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Georgia Arms, Freedom Munitions and Winchester White box are three of my mainstays for 9mm ammo.
    Regards, MAALOX