In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

So I've this Win 92 on layaway. Part II

DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in Ask the Experts
I promised better pictures of the barrel, markings etc.

20180719_103910.jpg

20180719_103842.jpg

20180719_103757.jpg

20180719_103730.jpg

20180719_103721.jpg

20180719_103712.jpg

20180719_103653.jpg

Between these, and the pictures in the first post, I hope I've covered everything.

I really appreciate y'all's help. I've learned a lot already.

I'm sorry for the huge pictures. I don't know how to resize them.

Also, sorry for the shoe, and the cane in the pictures. Bad form on my part.

Comments

• fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    someone added a front site but who cares as long as the price is right and the bore shiny
  • DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    someone added a front site but who cares as long as the price is right and the bore shiny

This was my first impression, but members here have shared knowledge that suggests that much more is different. Wrong barrel band, mag tube not equaling the length of the barrel, etc.

You can read the first thread.

I'm still a happy camper. Being an employee of the shop, I'm getting this rifle for a great price. It's chambered for a cartridge I already load for, and it will make a great companion to my Colt Police Positive Revolver.[:D]
    Still, the more I know about it, the happier I'll be, even if it is not all good news.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is the barrel marked "PROOF STEEL" or "NICKEL STEEL" ? Based on the pictures you have posted thus far, the barrel is not original to the receiver frame. The magazine tube is too short in relationship to the barrel.
  • oldWinchesterfanoldWinchesterfan Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bert enlightened me on the barrel band issue in the first thread, he said the rifle style front band is correct for .32 or .25 cal 92. My apologies.

Overall a nice looking gun and should be a great shooter. Not a collector piece but I'd sure take it if I could get it for a great price.