In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russian Makarov Question

redman.com1redman.com1 Member Posts: 718 ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Ask the Experts
hello, need help ID-ing a DOM for my Russian made .380 acp Makarov? imported by B-West, its the IJ70-17A. w/ adj sights. slide reads made in Russia by imez. grips read Baikal. ser# B TK 41xx .need dom and also see if is a C&R? thanks

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    It's not Soviet. The adjustable sights were added to make import into the US easier to by the points system. 80's or 90's. It's not military or C&R.
  • Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The IJ-70 series pistols were made by Izhevsk in Russia. Production was mostly in the early to mid 1990s. Guns in .380 "may" have had a barrel change, check slide markings. The rear sight was added to these pistols because the factory at that time could not produce "military" goods for export. The pistol points enough as is to be imported, as can easily be seen by the number of pistols imported without the adjustable sight. Production dates were recorded in the original manuals supplied with the pistols.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a couple of the commercial production, Russian adjustable sight Makarov's over the years. I believe, they all dated to the 90's? As a large gun store/distributor in Prescott AZ. Was selling them @ $100, NIB during that time frame.

Not nearly the quality of the military Makarov's. The one .380 I had. Was either a Friday afternoon or Monday morning gun. It's chamber was reamed so elliptical. The fired brass couldn't be resized. But it worked perfectly.