In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 94AE XTR .375 Winchester DOM

KeithNystKeithNyst Member Posts: 19
edited August 2018 in Ask the Experts
I cannot find information to date my 94AE XTR .375 Wichester. I believe the top eject 94 XTR Big Bore .375 Wins started about 1978, so my angle eject model is later than that SN: AE189XX

Also, is there any production number on how many AE .375 Wins were made?

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Model 94 Big Bore .375 Win was introduced in 1978. The serial numbers have a "BB" prefix. The Model 94AE (Angle Eject) was introduced in 1983, but with no change (prefix) to the serial numbers. It does not compute that your Model Big Bore has a serial number "AE18998".

There are no published production numbers for the Model 94s manufactured by the U.S. Repeating Arms Co. (USRACo).
  • Options
    KeithNystKeithNyst Member Posts: 19
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bert H.
    The Model 94 Big Bore .375 Win was introduced in 1978. The serial numbers have a "BB" prefix. The Model 94AE (Angle Eject) was introduced in 1983, but with no change (prefix) to the serial numbers. It does not compute that your Model Big Bore has a serial number "AE18998".

There are no published production numbers for the Model 94s manufactured by the U.S. Repeating Arms Co. (USRACo).

Definitely AE189XX, Barrel marking "WINCHESTER MODEL 94AE XTR CAL. .375 WIN."