In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FireFly GSG Parts Kit

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Ask the Experts
There are several auctions for this item. (782611871 is one.) Each is for a new gun in the box with accessories. They say the gun is complete except there is no barrel. If I buy one, is the barrel available elsewhere?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It doesn't look like a real good pistol to me even if it was all there. Without a barrel I guess it's about jam proof.

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/10/ati-gsg-firefly-pistol-misses-mark/#axzz5Nu8c1F9t
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    If I recall correctly, the Firefly is an "unbranded" Sig-Sauer Mosquito, and the Mosquito was not exactly renown for reliability. The Sig-Sauer version was the subject of many threads here in ATE, virtually all of them stating functioning problems with the pistol. I believe that at some point Sig-Sauer actually included a card with each pistol stating that the only .22 ammo that should be used in the Mosquito was CCI Mini Mags...and then stopped selling the Mosquito entirely.

ATI doesn't list spare barrels among the parts available for the Firefly, so that leads me to believe that finding a barrel on the loose will be no easy task.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Mark noted. This pistol was previously sold by Sig Sauer, for a number of years. Because of this. You probably would have better luck. Finding a replacement barrel, for a Sig Sauer Mosquito. Than a GSG Firefly. If you can win it for less than $ 50.00? Might be worth it?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As mentioned previously, if you are looking for reliability do not do it. No matter how much silk you put on a pigs ear, it is still a pigs ear, not a silk purse. GSG is known for their inexpensive, rimfire, knock offs of famous center fire weapons. They are made of pot metal, and have a very limited working life. Sometimes very limited.
  • Options
    GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for your input!