In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 75 bolt handle

62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Ask the Experts
Can someone, please, give me the diameter and thread pitch for the bolt handle for the Winchester Model 75 .22 lr Target. Bubba seems to have managed to turn it out past the stake strike and I hope there is enough to rethread it. Also, any idea of when SN 67711 was built?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no idea on the dimensional information. Serial number 67711 was manufactured in the year 1949.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    Brownell's 'big book' doesn't list just the bolt handle as a separate part, part #1275 is complete with the bolt sleeve.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No clue as to size. Small I suspect with extra fine pitch. I would cut the head off a socket head screw then D&T. Or make a fitted stud and low temp silver solder.

This might help.
    https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220080

added Hardware stores seldom have gun screws let alone the correct dies and taps for them. Generally you can go up one size on a screw to clean out stripped threads, which is easier than closing the hole and starting over.

I made a threaded bushing (inside and out) to repair the cracked hole in my 94 AE cartridge guide. The outside was 2 screw sizes larger and the inside was the original factory size.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, guys. Numrich and the NRA assembly book don't show the handle as separate, either, but it is. The link that charliemeyer007 provided showed the junction and the stake strike that the handle was forced past. Guess I'll head for the hardware store and start trying bolts in the sleeve until I get the right one and then get a tap and die for the size and hope there is enough metal for the threads to grab - then maybe a small dab of JB Weld.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    drill and pin it.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.Outbackgunparts.com made new handles a while back. Might have some in stock.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron