In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping ammo to CA

ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Ask the Experts
Just had a bidder win an auction for .30-06 AP ammo that is in CA. If I read the new CA law right I am can't legally ship this to him, am I right? If so what action to take with GB?

Comments

• Options
    ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it legal to ship ammo to CA 95630
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    jan 2018 you have to ship to a lic vender in cali no ship to door,,OMG AP to cali[:0]
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can ship it to him if he has an 03 C&R FFL and a COE issued by the state of Calif. Those documents exempt him from the law.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Laredo said up there ^^^ C&P of the section of the CA law:

0312. (c) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not apply to the sale, delivery, or transfer of ammunition to any of the following:
    (6) A person who is licensed as a collector of firearms pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section 921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued pursuant thereto, whose licensed premises are within this state, and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 26710.
  • Options
    Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AP handgun ammo isn't legal in CA, but there isn't any prohibition on "AP" ammo in rifles....yet.

As was written, you have to send it to a FFL to receive it. (It's all for the safety of the children, of course!)

I use a local FFL who sends a copy to the internet vendors I buy from, and they ship my order to him. When it comes in I give him 20 bucks for the transaction, and I walk away with my ammo.