In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need information on my Remington rand 1911

SujipgaSujipga Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Ask the Experts
I think I have a Remington Rand M1911 and need more information. Its serial number 2095175 falls into the range of numbers that were given to the Ithica M1911s and it has colt pistol grips. It has the letters for the government inspectors. How do i upload photos?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

You have an Ithaca 1911A1 with a Remington Rand slide. (The receiver IS the gun.) Slides are interchangeable, as are other parts.

Neal
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to my reference, the frame serial was made by Ithaca in 1945.

If your slide is a Remington Rand, it's mismatched. Commonly done by unit armorers. When the pistols were completely disassembled, for cleaning.

It would have a negative effect on value. Although all original condition 1911A1's. Even those mismatched. Have become pricy collectors items nowadays.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Photos would be nice. It might be a Arsenal National Match rebuild. (early version w/o Colt slide would usually be SA - Springfield Arsenal)

PS - only 10 replies are allowed in Ask the Experts. You might want to think about deleting you following posts and 'edit' your 1st post. (like I did for this - note the 'edit' time