In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem UMC 1911 additional info

tommy45autostommy45autos Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
edited September 2003 in Ask the Experts
This piece has been reblued and has 2 flying ducks engraved on right side of slide between the serrations and the words MODEL OF 1911 US ARMY CALIBER 45 Above mag release is an eagle on E1,Above that is E.E.C.The left front of the trigger guard is stamped E. I can find no markings on the original blued barrel.The left side of slide has normal REM UMC markings.I can find no evidence of buffing on the left front of frame.Original wood grips. Has old 2 tone lanyard mag with lanyard and 1917marked holster.I have ordered Clawson's book.Thankyou

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It may well be the original 2 digit serial #, dating it's manufacture to 1918. But, trust me on this, Remington-UMC never sold any .45's to the US Govt with flying ducks engraved on the slide; THAT was done by Bubba before he reblued it. And, if the barrel is unmarked, it is a commercial replacement, not original, and not USGI replacement.

You have a shooter that I would expect to sell in the $400-500 range. The mag could be worth up to $100.

Neal