In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 94 .45???

hdrulz99hdrulz99 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited September 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have always loved the Winchester 94. I would like to purchase one here, but I don't understand the different types of .45 ammo. I would like to research prices. Could someone tell me what type of .45 ammo it uses, and possibly the differences between .45's?

So far I've seen:
.45 Long Colt (never heard this term before)
.45 Auto
.45 ACP

Can someone clear this up?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .45 Long Colt is the same as .45 Colt, and .45 Auto and .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) are also the same.
    Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live"
  • Options
    jkksjkks Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do a serch for Haas ammo guide on the net it will tell you everything you to know!
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello hdrulz99,

The .45 Long Colt (which is one of the many cartridges the Model 94 is chambered for), has been around for well over 100 years (1873). It has seen a resurgence of popularity because of the Cowboy shooters crowd. In the factory loading, it is very slightly better than the 44 Spl, and quite a bit less than the .44 Magnum. In the proper firearm, it can be loaded/reloaded to slightly outperform the .44 Magnum. My personal preference for a classic pistol cartridge in a modern 94 is the 44-40 (44 W.C.F.).

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!