In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trigger pull on CZ70

GunHawkeGunHawke Member Posts: 576 ✭✭✭
edited September 2003 in Ask the Experts
[8D]From not so sunny Florida....I have a question about the CZ70 pistol. The DA trigger pull is enough to shave skin off my fat finger because of the groove cut trigger. I realize the coil spring that drives the hammer is what the trigger is fighting against, but is there anything out there to lessen the effort to pull the trigger??

Thanks in advance once again!

Jim
GunHakwe

"They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull a trigger. I won't!" J.B. Books

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    The CZ50 and CZ70 are notorious for hard DA trigger pull. The spring is one factor, but the close distance of the pawl to the axis of the hammer is the bigger factor. You will notice that the hammer raises rather quickly for the distance the trigger moves. You could polish and fit the components a bit and that would smooth out the action, but it would require a lot of work to get the pull lightened.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    PS: I seem to remember the CZ50 as having a slightly lighter DA trigger setup than the CZ70. You may be able to swap the hammer and pawl assy over. Check with Numrich and see if they have the components. Might be worth looking into.

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN