In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Scope/Mount for SKS

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited September 2003 in Ask the Experts
What scope and mount should I use for a Russian SKS. I would like to be able to switch back and forth with the original receiver cover.

Thanks for your advice.....

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Comments

• Options
    PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have had the best luck with origonal Red Star chinese receiver cover replacement mount. They were oversized and had to be hand fitted with a small file. I left mine where it took a brass hammer to remove and install the cross pin. I have had good luck with the older 4x20 Chinese scopes. The current chinese scopes are junk. I have also had good luck with the small red dot scopes.
  • Options
    colin1736colin1736 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I purchased a scope mount from rifletech.com and had nothing but good luck with it. Here is the web address http://www.rifletech.com/skssht1.htm
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Hey Charlie,
    I got a mount at home, the scope has a loose lens, but the mount is the tightest I've used. Drop me an address and its yours.[:)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • Options
    rotaxpowerrotaxpower Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kingjoey if charlie doesn't take I'll be interested in it!
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    kingjoey:

Ya got mail..........thank you!

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com