In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 42 sn#3363

WhitWhit Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
I just received this gun from my Wife's grandfather. It has some pitting on the reciever, but the stock is in good condition.

Does anyone have any ideas about it value?

Thanks for the input.

Comments

• Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forum Whit. That's a first year Md 42, the receiver was made After 6/1 1933 and before 7-5, 1933 about the middle of June. The pitting isn't good and not being able to see it makes it difficult. More information is really needed, It came with a 26 in. or 28 in. barrel with a Full, or Modified, or Imp/cyl choke, or Skeet. It came with plain walnut field grade wood, or Skeet grade wood, (checkered) Minimum value if all original is $500. depending on exactly what you have it can go up fast, to near $1000 for a plain field grade, with just a little pitting since this is a first year gun. Fill in the blanks. maybe post a picture or two and either myself or one of the other regulars can give you a better idea on it's value. Regards Dave
  • Options
    WhitWhit Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for response Dave.

I'll get some pictures this afternoon and post 'em. It is a full choke barrel and must be a field grade.

Whit
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whit: Looking forward to seeing the pictures, if you run into problems posting them, feel free to email them to me, winchester12@msn.com When you take the pictures, take one of the serial numbers on the bottom, one of the stampings on the barrel, and one of the complete gun. Alot of info I will be able to gather from these shots. Regards Dave