In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CCI Blazer S&W .40 Ammo? Any Good?

alfster73alfster73 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

I just bought 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer S&W .40 180gr. ammo to shoot in my Steyr M; however, I was told by my gun buddies that I shouldn't use this ammo. It can damage the barrel and is horrible to clean.

Anyone have any experience with it? I can always take it back and trade it for something else if this is the case.

Thanks!

The Alfster

Comments

• Options
    Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use CCI in 9mm and have never had any problems. I have a Steyr S series in .40cal and wouldn't hesitate to put CCI ammo thru it. Some people have concerns with the aluminum casings, but they are certainly a softer metal than say steel Wolf ammo.

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never had a problem with any Blazer Ammo in 9mm,.40, or.45.
    It all fed in various firearms without a hitch.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is dirty, clean your guns like you should, and you will have no problems, more than a few extra patches in the trash.

The cases won't hurt any quality firearm. They aren't reloadable.

I've shot maybe 10,000 rounds of Blazer 9mm and .40 without a hitch, mostly out of Berettas.

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
    -John Stuart Mill