In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

870 Slug Barrel?

MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
I had a customer call today and ask for a slug barrel for a 870 Wingmaster 20 gauge. Will all 870 barrels interchange? I could only find what Remington calls and Express rifled barrel. I just wanted to make sure this will fit the ladies gun before I order it.
Thanks

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
Mooseyard Precision
LE Supply & Firearms
NRA Certified Instructor
Shawano, WI 54166

Comments

• Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    as long as the receiver is a newer model ( LW made in the last 20 years or so )then the answer would be yes ,, the older 870 20 gauge was made on the 12 gauge frame and the newer barrels will not fit on these , (called standard or large ring )just measure across the magazine tube if it measures 1" its a older model if it measures 13/16 then its a newer model
  • Options
    MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Much

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166