In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

DPMS vs. Bushmaster

krwkrw Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
How do the 2 stack up against each other. Is one clearly "better" than the other?
Does the DPMS 308 magazines interchange with any other rifle?
Thanks for all input
krw

Comments

• sr338sr338 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about the 308's, but my shooting pals and I all have different AR15 .223's and one is die hard DPMS and the other bushmaster. To be honest, with all their arguing neither has convinced me one is better than the other. Both of them will feed even the greasy russian wolf ammo reliably, both are accurate and rugged.
    I'd go with price, if I was you.

out to prove he's got nothing to prove.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I've never dealt with DPMS, so I won't say anything ill about them.

As for Bushmaster, all I can say is that I've never had any issues with any of their products and their customer service (I've called with questions, not problems) has been A+ each and every time.
  • 74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haven't been real pleased with the plastic 10 rd mags that come with the DPMS, but I replaced them with GI 20 rd mags and haven't had any problems. Have had two that didn't like the Wolf ammo, but would eat everything else that was put on their plates....

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • MeanieMeanie Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the bushmaster 308 uses fal mags, dont know about dpms
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have one of each....my DPMS is more tricked out than the Bushmaster..both are CMP legal match rifles. Both shoot well(less than a minute of angle) and the answer to your question is either will perform very well. I just picked up a CMP Rock River Arms AR and for the money I'd give it a tiny tiny tiny edge over the match Bushmaster....I think the trigger is just a little better. In any event if one is $50 bucks cheaper than the other go with the cheap one. Beach
  • ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you looking for a .223 or .308? If it is .308 semi auto mil spec style rifle the dump both and go HK. If it is .223 then Bushmaster offers alot more in their chrome lined bores and barrel length selection.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I understand, the DPMS uses mags same as the Stoner SR-25
    If you really want to do something, you'll find a way ...
    ... If you don't, you'll find any excuse.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with beachmaster, I've had a bushy for a number of years. Just picked up a RRA, I have to say the RRA is the bushy's equal, I could say it is superior (trigger & accuracy). I pick up my RRA when I go for squirrel or coyote.

"They're in front of us, they're behind us, they're to our left and to our right...they can't get away now." Chesty Puller

SEMPER FI
  • MuffinmanMuffinman Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had 3 Bushmasters and had to send all 3 back to get a real 5.56 barrel. They make both a 5.56 & .223 version and Nato surplus ammo sticks in a .223 chamber. I got tried of slaming the butt on the ground to get them out.

DMPS is a Lower quality fit and finsih rifle.

I would look for a true Colt before I would buy any other.