In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

rem 700 6mm-284

whitedeer56whitedeer56 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
this 700 bdl rem is what they call a wildcat I was wandering since they did this alteration to this origanl 243 would it affect its value
and what would it be worth
what this gun is a 243 or 6mm punched out to use a 284 case using a 24 cal bullet the gun is older rem with old style safety all the jewel is still on the bolt

Edited by - whitedeer56 on 11/28/2002 19:05:11

Comments

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    as long as the work was done by a reputable gunsmith, it won't affect value. It may be worth more to someone wanting to shoot competitions. The 6mm-284 is a great long range caliber.

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
  • John_CollinsJohn_Collins Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep it will affect the value because now you can't go into a one horse town and buy ammo at the local hardware or Wal_mart. Now then, if you shoot competition, reload, like a proven 1000 yd winning cartridge and know someone who wants to get into that type of shooting or likes to reload then it ain't what's worth its what you can get for it ! That's a very specialized round. You'd be surprised what velocity's some of those shooters are getting. I just got mine put together from a Savage 11 30-06 using a #7 standard target contour Douglas Premium airguaged barrel 26" long in 6mm-284 on a McMillian sniper stock and I am just amazed what this thing can do at 300 yds plus. And I'm still factoring out my loads for this particular gun. You might want to keep yours for yourself. Chek out www.reloadersnest.com and read up some on this wildcat. You might get some good info about pricing. Plus there are tons of people on this site already shooting guns in that cal. that can give you a better idea.
  • rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 6mm/.284 is a great long range round,and extremly accurate. If you reload you won't have any problem with this round. Hornady is now manufacturing new brass for it. You can get it here.http://www.sinclairintl.com/catalog2.html
  • rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please disregard my previous reply, I had a brainfart. Hornady makes brass for the 6.5/.284 not the 6/.284. Sorry.