In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

7.62x25 ammo

longshothitlongshothit Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
where,s it all at? cant seem to find any s&b or any other at a good price right now. any ideas? thanks [:(]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm thinking of buying a 7.62x25 cal pistol but i dont know anything about them. are they more powerfull then a 9mm. what kind of velocity do they have. i seen some in shotgun news for about 120.00. is that a good price on them
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thinking about a CZ52.
    Have seen adds saying ammo is PLENTIFUL + CHEAP.
    Approx. 2500 "Ending Today" auctions and found
    only 1 listing.
    Looked at "ALL auctions" and found only 3 or 4.
    Prices were not that bad since I won't shoot it
    THAT much,but I don't know about the "PLENTIFUL" part.
    Is avalability expected to increase?

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just ordered a Yugo Tokarev and am new to that style of gun. Does anyone feel like offering suggestions as to ammo and a good holster.
    I am told the Polish ammo is of poor quality and so I ordered Romanian surpluss ammo to get used to the gun. My question is in regards to hp or sp ammo. Is there anything out there that would make this a good ccw gun?
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we stock the SELLIER & BELLOT commercial 85 grain FMJ ball loading, the original CZECK loading, and once in awhile the LAPUA MATCH TARGET loads. we also carry original russian military issue star crimped blanks.

we have the dies, we cary 2 brands of new, unfired brass, and we even offer a self defence hollowpoint custom handload (designed for a GB member by us). my father owns a CZ52 and has used all of the above loads...

if you cannot locate it elsewere email me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com for details and assistance.

from .17 REMINGTON to .700 NITRO EXPRESS we try to provide all your old, oddball, obsolete, and out of production ammo needs.

(i think that CHEAPER THAN DIRT and SPORTSMANS GUIDE also have stock)
    best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.
  • Options
    aka rottenaka rotten Member Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TOLD YA!HELLO LIL.BRO,[^]

aka rotten
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just ordered 200 rds. of Spanish 87 gr. from Century for $18.96(plus freight).
    Only prob. is they have a $75 minimum order.
    [8D][8D]barto

Win some, lose some.
    Winning's better.
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have shot various ammo in my CZ-52. S&B works fine, but I still fall for surplus military stuff that does not go bang every time. However I found by accident ammo marked " 53 bxn 1 " . It works and from the recoil and report is stronger than any other that I have shot. The most unusal feature is that the bullet looks to be nickel plated. It is bright silver. The shell is brass. Maybe this is vampire killer ammo from Transilvania. Anyone else seen it?

Bamavol