In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.45 Ball Olin Mathieson &.38 Remington Ball

leatherbeadleatherbead Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hello again, Am looking for your opinion on these two different lots of old Ball rounds. On the .45s the the box is marked CAL-45-M1911 50 Cartridges LOT NO - WCC - 67## Olin Mathieson Chemical Corporation The brass is stamped WCC 67. On the .38s The box says--- 50 Cartridges BALL Caliber .38 Special M41 Lot RA 53## Remington Arms Company , Inc. The brass on these are stamped RA 66. The 45s and 38s are both in good shiney condition and the boxes are perfect. What my question to you is: As I am not a collector, would I be better off selling the Ball rounds off and buying 100 round packs at walmart? I am more interested in having quanity. But also want the max knock down power if it was needed. I bought a hundred pack of 45s at walley world not to long ago for around $25. BUT they are Target/Range in 230 GR. FMJ. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks, Pat

Comments

• heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have shooters ammo.

The WCC 67 headstamp is Winchester Western ammo produced in 1967 and the RA 53 is Remington Arms ammo produced in 1953. Stuff like this doesn't have any collectors value. I bought a box of the WCC ammo for $5.00 at a show two years ago.

Take it to the range and have fun.

Heavyiron
  • leatherbeadleatherbead Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Heavy, Thanks, The range is about 20ft out my backdoor. Pat