In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shotgun

TonyaTonya Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am tring to get a value on a NB Davis & Sons Double Barrell Shotgun. I think the gun is antique but have no idea the year, I cant find any numbers on the gun. Any information will be helpful.

Comments

• TonyaTonya Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a shotgun owned by my grandfather manufactured by N.R. Davis & Sons. On the barrel is SB8, this is a single shot 16 gauge and is well over 90 years old I was wondering the monatery value of it. ThankYou

JoAnn Oxley
    edited November -1
    I recently found in my grandmothers house an old double barrel muzzleloading shotgun. It has a wooden ramrod which comes to a point at the end that slides into the forstock, double hammers which both work, and double triggers. It has basically no rust and the only markings on it is "Richards" which is stamped into the receiver on either side, just below the hammers. Also on top in between the barrels you can make out the words "Laminated Steel." Any idea how much this gun is worth?
    edited November -1
    My husband recently passed away and I have a single barrell shotgun of his that I am trying to find the value. The only thing I can find on it is the word Stonewall and the serial number. Can anyone tell me anything about this or how I might find out something about this.
    edited November -1
    i have a 12g db 2 3/4" Rabbit ear
    made in ussr port of intry is miami fl
    20" barr.
    i think it,s made in the 1800,s
    what is it worth
    thaks
    wrighting on barr
    TOZ-66 2 3/4 12ga IC-M
    UNIVERSAL SPIG GDS. MIAMI FLA,15
    MFG TULA USSR
    edited November -1
    I have a shotgun that belonged to my wife's grandfather and must date back to pre-1935. I know little about guns, but this one has a 30" double barrel and is a smooth bore. The metal on the wood stock has a small banner engraved on both sides that says W. Richards. It has some other designs including a small duck in flight. I would like to know if abyone can give me any info on its age and/or history as well as value. The outside of the barrels are beginning to show some signs of rust, but the inside of the barrels look pretty good. It has been stored since his death sometime around 1960. No special care was given when it was stored.
    Thank you.
    Lee
    edited November -1
    I have inherited a shotgun made in St Etienne France. It is a double barrel 16 Ga with the letters EB in an oval stamped under the forestock. It has extensive scroll work on the receiver. Is there any way to identify the maker?
    edited November -1
    I would like info. for the following shotgun. It is a 12-guage,
    30 inch double-barrel gun with the word Ruso, the word Chicago, & the picture of a rooster on the stock. If you know any info.& the value of this gun would you please let me know. A gunsmith said it was Belgium made & he doesn't know why the word Chicago is on it. I do know it was made in 1920's. It is called a rabbit ear gun. Thank you very much.
    edited November -1
    I have a 410 shotgun with a steel wireframe stock. The butt is stamped FIREARMS INTERNATIONAL, WASHINGTON D.C. The barrel swings to the side to load. Can you tell me anything about this gun. When it was made and it's worth. It is in excellent condition and fires. Thanks, ez-eddie@cox.net
    edited November -1
    the model 1912 is in good condition field grade i would guess 20 ga cant get pictures on my camera is broke, also have a model 12 that is in very good condition no vent rib barrell it is also a 20 ga both are pumps the 1912 has a full choke barrell and the model 12 has a modified

also thanks for the sarcastic remarks. they were really nice
    edited November -1
    anybody know what a winchester model 1912 would be worth?
    edited November -1
    410 model 58 series f what is it worth

maurice boudreau
    edited November -1
    make is stevens 410 bolt action ,holds 3 in clip,model#58 series f made in 1970 what is its value.

maurice boudreau
    edited November -1
    i have old 12 gauge, wire barrels, with hammers, W. Richards, all complete,right now its a wall hanger.would like to sell, but do not have any idea of market value.[This message has been edited by jerryc (edited 01-12-2002).]
    edited November -1
    Hello
    Just want to say what a great site you all have here .. and please look over me .. if i make any mistakes ... :) i am sure i will
    anyways .. My Mom has a 20 ga volunteer arms co, shotgun ... its in fairly good shape .. has a hammer .. breaks down .. single shot .. i think the stock is Birch .. No numbers on it anywhere that i can find ..
    if some one could give me a ideal how much this ol gun is worth .. I would be in their debt ..
    Thanks in advance

Andy
    edited November -1
    I have never owned anything other than a 870 Remington chambered in 12g.... Used it for deer hunting in NY southern tier for may years..... Would like to move up into something new..... Something that can be used as needed and handed down to my grandson in later years..... I know that there are many different makes models out here...but would like to get some members input to what might be a good gun....I am looking for something to shoot skeet with......
    edited November -1
    I have a N.R. Davis And Sons (AJAX) Davis Warner Arms CORP.Norwich,Conn.USA.It is a side by side 12Ga.with the numbers 01690 these numbers are located in the bottom of the breech.I was wondering if you could help find any information about this weapon.Such as age history and so on.Highly appreciated from the swamps of south GA.
    edited November -1
    I have a double barrell muzzel load shotgun in good condition and no dates on it or serial numbers. On one side it says "Cincinnati 0" and on the other side it says "G & F Spicker" and on top of the barrells it says "Superfini Laminated Steel". Does anyone know where I can find out more about this gun? Such as the Manufacturer and when it was made and where. I was told it was made in Belgium and was made around the mid 1800's. The gun has two triggers offset one in front of the other, and the two firing pins look like fish heads. Any help on the identity or the worth of such a gun is appreciated and the gun is safe to shoot I would like to sell it but I do not kbow the worth. Thanks Tom
    edited November -1
    Ive come across a Eastfield model 916-a mfg by smith and wesson shotgun. It has a natural wood stock, 19" barrel, and a 3" chamber. Can anybody give me an avg. price value
    edited November -1
    Have a Marlin Model No. 19, 12 Gauge Shotgun.

Would like to know the value and soon sell

Donna
    edited November -1
    I would like to know about what a weatherby shotgun is worth? It is a pump Patrician 11 never fired has Ducks unlimited etched into both sides and is in the original case from 1979 mint condition?
    edited November -1
    I know of someone who has a cast iron shotgun supposedly made by international firearms inc out of washington, dc. Is this worth anything for collector value? I have never seen or heard of a cast iron shotgun. It is in .410 guage.
    edited November -1
    What is the best shotgun for around $300? New or used.
    edited November -1
    Just got a single barrel 12 g,on the left hand side of the receiver is engraved American Gun Co and over the top of that Victor Ejector.Any one know anything about this company and its guns.
    edited November -1
    I just got a seaway importing co. 410 the mallard and was wondering how old it is and how much is it worth. found made in japan and the #17700
    edited November -1
    I have come across an old shotgun. The only thing stamped on it is ARMY STEEL*BORED CHOKE* Patnd December11,1900. There is no serial number or brand or model. It is a single shot with the hammer back. A 12 gauge shell fits in it. anybody know anything about this
    edited November -1
    my mother in law called me to ask if i wanted a shotgun she found in her dads shed she said she tought it was his grand fathers gun would any one know what year and what its worth she said all she can find on it is rimigton p134911 side by side with top hammers and engraving all the way down the barels thanks for your help

scott williams
    edited November -1
    looking for information for a neuman brothers side by side double barrel shotgun
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you post a pic??
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Possibly N R Davis ? Well made utility grade guns, from mid 1800s up to about 1919. May well be an antique (for fireams, that means made BEFORE 1899)

However, your question is similar to "I have a Ford Truck. What is it worth?"

Post pictures, ALL markings, and a description, and maybe someone here can help.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,950 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In 1929 N. R. Davis Firearms Co. merged with Crescent to become Davis-Crescent Arms Co, so your shotgun predates 1929. Davis shotguns were utilitarian guns usually selling in the $10-$12 range. They are not suitable or safe for use with modern shotgun shells. Most are sold as wall hangers at prises under $150 as there is scant collector interest.