In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Weatherby Vanguard

Camelot43Camelot43 Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
What is your opinion about the Accuracy of the Weatherby Vanguard out of the box? .300 Win Mag - *Please see below

*Answers I'm not looking for:

Get a Remington 700
Get a Ruger M77 MKII
Get a Savage
Get a Winchester 70 pre 64 in perfect condition
.300 Win Mag Sucks get a .300 H&H or any other caliber

Please refrain from any other answer except that partains to the direct question...

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Any idea what a Weatherby Vaguard 300 mag. Whitetails Unlimited 2005/2006 edition,#86 of 400 produced with a grey/black laminated monte carlo stock, topped with a Mueller 4-16x50 IGR/AO tactical scope is worth, all are in beautiful condition. The guy wants 600.00 bucks for it, any opinions on this set up would be appreciated .
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Question is the Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic no SS just blue[?] Walmart sells them for 398.00 not a bad price, just wondering if it was good built gun. I was told they also make the savage guns to[:)] Tankyou for time one more thing this is a very good site, go here for all my questions[8D] experience is the best teacher
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know the Vanguard is manufactured by another company for Weatherby (Howa I think) but I'm going up north & can buy a NIB woodstocked Vanguard in 300 Weatherby for $375.00. I think any time I can get a good bolt action new for under $400.00 is a good deal. I have an AccuMark in 340 WM, would like a base model to go with.

Any feedback on this rifle?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have a rough idea when the last Weatherby Vanguard rifles were made? Also What is the approximate value of a 7mm Remington Mag Vanguard with synthetic stock in great shape. Also is the trigger adjustable?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi people,
    Does anyone know about the weatherby vanguard laminated thumbhole model no.VAD 22RR20 I am looking to buy one but I want to see if anybody has tried one out. any input. Also does it come in a color than nutmeg?
    Thanks,
    omegass
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1 inch out of the box.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How does 1 inch out of the box compare to the Remington, Winchester & Rugers out of the box?
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    most rem's and savages will do that and better right from the box,..but the vanguard has had some pretty good press recently. of course Howa makes it, not wthby, probably one of the reasons why[}:)]

I have read alot about them being a pretty darn good rifle from the start,....I may try one if the price is right (someone needs money[:p])
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    1-1.5 Inch groups at 100 yards seems the norm. They sell a SUB MOA variant guaranteed to be under an inch.

I have the Howa stamped one in 223. Very good and smooth Japanese made gun.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My trusty Savage 111F in .300WM shoots well within 1 MOA @ 300 yards with factory ammo (Corelokt 180G). The only things I did was installed Rifle Basix trigger set @ lbs and Holland QD muzzle brake.

TgtGfx.jpg

Something for you to think about. Good luck!

(Sorry for the bandwidth).
  • Options
    moreammoplzmoreammoplz Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a 30-06 Damn nice rifle very impressed and it was under $400.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Howa 1500 barreled action in .308, stocked it on a Boyd's JRS Classic stock, and the dam thing shoots better than I do.[:(!] 1 moa is easy for the rifle, not so much for me.
  • Options
    bandcollectorbandcollector Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several mark V's and have always been kind of a snob when it came to vanguards, but I recently picked up a 300 wtby mag in a vangaurd from somebody needing the money ($250 with cheap leupold scope) and I was going to use it to do a little trading, but after shooting it I decided to keep it. I can hold it at one inch. I cant speak for the whole line but this one impressed me.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    I bought a Howa 1500 barreled action in .308, stocked it on a Boyd's JRS Classic stock, and the dam thing shoots better than I do.[:(!] 1 moa is easy for the rifle, not so much for me.

practice makes perfect Dale[:D]
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone have or has shot the Weatherby Vanguard in .308?
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Howa 1500 in 300 win mag.(same as a Vanguard) It will shoot 1 min if I do my part. Very inexpensive rifle-I found it used in the rack at a local gun shop on clearance for $200.00. I spent $200.00 for a Burris scope and now it's my favorite rifle to kill coyotes.