In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

glock 30 s 45 calib

rangerange Member Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Ask the Experts
do they make a pocket holster for the clock 30 s

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a Glock 27 in a pocket holster, when I'm out and about. The Glock 30, is the next size up from the 27. Weight and size wise.

Holster isn't going to be the problem. Big enough pockets, so you would be able to get it out in a timely manner, in emergencies. Also holding your pants up just with a belt, isn't going to cut it. All the weight on one side will make your pants hang lopsided.

Even with heavy duty suspenders. I carry two key rings and a leatherman combo knife in my off side pocket, to balance the weight of the Glock.
  • Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about a spare mag or two for a counter-balance? It is amazing how fast you can go through that first weapon-load in a high-stress social situation.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 62fuelie
    How about a spare mag or two for a counter-balance? It is amazing how fast you can go through that first weapon-load in a high-stress social situation.

Couple of Glock mags would be OK, in the off side pants pocket. But in my case specifically. I do have to have a secure place to stow my keys. Carrying mags loose in your pocket is another no no. The have to be cased, to keep out the dirt and pocket lint.

My solution, is Carhart, Washed Duck, seven pocket work pants. Hell for stout. Almost never wear out. I got them set up, to carry pistol, extra 12 round mag, 3 sets of keys, Flashlight, Leatherman plus phone on belt. Needless to say I have to have heavy duty work suspenders to keep every thing up in place.