In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shot Maker

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in Ask the Experts
I am searching for information on a machine I believe is called a Littleton Shotmaker.Does it work? Cost per bag? Speed and ease of use? Where could I get one ?Thanks

Comments

• Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone on GB use the type of shot maker that is sold without the heater? Will a hot plate work?

I have large amount of cast bullets in numerous calibers stocked up for the future. I don't have much shot on hand, came into about 80# of plumbers sheet lead plus another 100# already on hand and am considering making shot.

Thanks,

Jim
  • Options
    longspur riderlongspur rider Member Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would imagine as long as the hot plate gets hot enough to melt lead it should work. Mine has the hot plate built in & is 220V.
  • Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a home made shot maker and it has an electric stove burner (220 volt) wired directly to a plug with no off/on switch.
    I have made several hundred pounds of shot with it using mostly wheel weights.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't make shot but have moulded a lot of fish sinkers and revolver bullets and after my wife banned me from the electric range I started using a 110V single burner hotplate and its always melted the lead. Takes about five minutes to get hot enough.