In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR Sights

rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Ask the Experts
I am looking for 1/4 to 1/2 MOA sights that will mount on a Picatinny 1913 rail on an AR.

What would you recommend?

This would be for shooting in open sight competition.

Comments

• rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been looking for backup sights for an AR build I am working on and I always thought BUIS stood for 'Back Up Iron Sights'. Many of the of the listings are listing polymer sights as BUIS.

Have I been wrong all this time?
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If none of our folks can help. You might call Brownells customer service on Tues. They carry a extensive inventory of AR stuff. Even have a AR specific catalog. Over and above, their on-line catalog.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For the standard sight knob profile, M&A parts use to carry a knob that had 2 detent balls that gave a standard sight frame 1/4" clicks instead of the typical 1/2" because the detent balls were offset, one would be in the detent, the other between the detents, the next click would be ball one between and ball two in the detent.

I used to shoot Service Rifle matches and past 300 yards it gave a distinct advantage that I could only appreciate when shooting off the bench ... but I shot with guys that had control that I could never master.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.