In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whats the deal?

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Ask the Experts
With the new German MP40 (22 lr) with the extended fake suppressor? It doesn't go with the pistol

Comments

• pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am waiting on the new one in 9mm..?...anyone know about these guns??
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The rifle needs the faux suppressor to achieve the required 16 inch barrel, otherwise you'd simply have a very long barrel length. Marketing with the old HK-94 and the IMI Uzi showed that buyers much preferred the look of the suppressor to an extended barrel. It is also a LOT cheap for the manufacturer/importer to attach the tube to the short barrel than to produce a full length rifle barrel.
    edited November -1
    I have heard they will make a 9mm?
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    I have heard they will make a 9mm?

The GSG .22 repoes, are mostly made of Zinc die castings. Not likely, they would stand up to the higher pressures and stress of 9mm P. Unless they were redesigned. So that the Zinc die cast parts. Wouldn't be subjected, to the much higher impact and abrasion caused by 9mm.
    edited November -1
    ...so, I don't guess they will be made???