In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Small Photographs stink!

shessel@uiuc.edushessel@uiuc.edu Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Ask the Experts
What's up with the new site pictures. They are so small it is impossible to see details. The "view larger images" button does not enlarge anything . does nothing at all. I used to return to the "classic view", where I could the see larger photos, but that is now gone too. How the @#$! does one see or enlarge these thumb nail pic to see any detail?
Also, there is no site support at GB.com, very, very frustrating.
I do not follow Forums, so, if anyone can please tell me how the picture feature works, please email me at shessel@uiuc.edu
THANK YOU, Steve

Comments

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Countdown to lock or deletion.

Mike
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steve, you make a good point. I was usually satisfied with the "classic view", but there were problems with it. If a seller posted, say, 50 photos, you had to page down a LONG way to get to the bottom of the page; the new setup allows a standard page, but the extra photos can be seen if you are interested. I always had problems when folks failed to resize their photos, & they were either too small or too large.

You may have a problem with your browser if you can only see thumbnails. You should be able to put your cursor on the main photo, & then click on the plus sign to enlarge all photos & give you left & right arrows. Or, click on the SHOW LARGER IMAGES link, which does the same thing.

Of course, the photos are still not as large as they used to be. If you click on the POSTING GUIDELINES link at the top of the forums page, you will find instructions on permitted postings; unfortunately, this topic is not one of them. You will find instructions on how to contact GB support; they may not give you instantaneous response, but generally get back to you.

Neal
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    shessel@uiuc.edu,

Its always troubling when a member has to join the forums in order to file a complaint.

But the solution is as Neil states, contact support and open a support issue as there is no direct e-mail or phone contact with the Auction side. The rest of his solution to pictures should be read and understood since that's how the auction side works now. The pictures are big enough for detail. But if they don't suit you, save them to your picture Free software such as IrfanView on your computer and use their enlarging features.

This topic is now locked.

Best.