In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Stevens Shotgun

cosmo712cosmo712 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Ask the Experts
do any of you guys know any about a Stevens 12ga. pump modle 167 west point? a buddy bought one and would like to know more about it.

Comments

• cosmo712cosmo712 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just trying to determine value of Stevens Double Barrel 12 ga. shotgun that my dad had, it has the double triggers, from what I can estimate he would have purchased it sometime between 1940-1944.Does not appear to have a serial number, which I understand was commonplace during this era. Thanks for any info!
    edited November -1
    My Stevens mod. 520 shotgun has only hash marks on the barrel and nothing more. Does anyone know about these marks and what they indicate? It is a short barrel, about 24 inches.
    Thanks
    Riverok
    edited November -1
    I picked up a nice used Stevens 77F at a gunshow last weekend-the only blemish about it is the plastic triggerguard has a little bit of paint missing. My question is-what kind of paint would be best to redo that part--I am a novice when it comes to paints sorry lol. I thought maybe even black nail polish or tape off the rest of the gun and use krylon. Any ideas?
    edited November -1
    I recently aquired a Stevens 520-30 shot gun..I believe it was used as a WWII trench gun..It has serial # in the low 60*** and is stamped US on the receiver..I fired it a few times this weekend with no problems..The stock and metal finish are in good shape for its age..Any idea on the value?? It has no sentimental value to me..Should I sell it or use it as a Gator gun for my Everglades boat?? Thanks in advance for any input..
    edited November -1
    whats a model 94 single shot 28 ga worth?
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends a lot on condition. One in good useable condition might be worth a couple of hundred bucks on a good day.

You have a maker, you need a model/grade. Look at the auction side, search for current ones for sale. Do an advanced search on completed auction. Look at the pic and description to see if they are close to what you have.
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post some pics for us.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    should be numbers on the reciver flats under the barrels
  • slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Couple hundred up to 500-600 depending on condition and particular model. Solid shooters that have been going up in price over the years.