In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GSG 9MM

pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have heard that GSG was coming out with a 9MM like the old MP40?...Anything to it?

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GSG makes rimfire replicas, mostly out of Zinc diecastings. I believe they would have redesign and reengineer their guns. For the higher pressure and wear etc. Of 9mm ammo, I.E. don't hold your breath.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be cool though!
  • beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    I have heard that GSG was coming out with a 9MM like the old MP40?...Anything to it?

GSG's entire catalog consists of .22LR "replicas" of well known full sized guns.

They currently market an Mp-40 replica in .22LR. Perhaps this is what you heard.

I haven't heard of plans to release any centerfire guns.

That doesn't mean they "won't" or "can't". They're gun-makers, I'd assume they're more than capable of doing the engineering and re-tooling to make centerfire guns if they wanted to, especially public-domain designs. But until I see some confirmation from the actual company, I'd assume this isn't going to happen.

Edit: Well consider this confirmed (see below). This isn't something that personally interests me, but I know a lot of people will get a kick out of this.
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they come out with a 9mm version I will likely buy one. I love the GSG guns. I have the MP-40 in .22 along with the STG-44 Schmeisser and two of their 1911's in .22, a full size and a snubby. I have experienced zero malfunctions with any of my GSG guns.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Davidson's currently carries the ATI 9mm Mil Sport line, in the $800-900 range. I don't think it is made by GSG, but it's not easy to tell with imports.

In any case, I would be surprised if the new 9mm pistol sells for < $1,000.

Neal