In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington grip cap

sschradsschrad Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited October 2016 in Ask the Experts
I had a grip cap on a Rem 7400 fall off and get lost. Ordered a new one from Numrich and am ready to put it on. It has two tits on the bottom of it so I don't think that I can go wrong. The question is, what glue do I use? The white spacer is still there and seems to be attached securely. I guess that I will be gluing it to that.

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DON'T USE GORILLA GLUE!!!!
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC.. There is a screw under the white diamond... pop the diamond out, screw the cap to the stock.. glue the white diamond back in....DONE....
    JIM...................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK. Why don't use Gorilla Glue. Inquiring minds want to know. Hopefully it will never have to come off again but I appreciate the comment. And there might be something here that I am not aware of.

I would definitely like to attach it securely but don't want to have to mill it off in case of a misalignment.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No white diamond on this one, just a black cap
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gorilla Glue expands and foams outward. It has great adhesive-ness but makes a mess.
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another very good general purpose glue that works on many surfaces is the E6000 CLEAR .
    I have used this on many different surfaces/materials and it has yet to fail me.
    One example is the grab handle on one of my microwave ovens, the bottom attachment point between the base of the handle and the door broke off , leaving the handle useless.
    After a good cleaning of the mating surfaces, I grabbed my tube of E6000 CLEAR glue and applied it, let it cure 24 hours, it has been over 2 years of daily use and it is still perfectly attached.
    I am sure it will work on your grip cap, just make sure it is cleaned and degreased beforehand .
    Hobby Lobby carries it.
  • Options
    kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was going to recommend a little dab of jb weld...the plastic version.