In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Identify this peep sight

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Ask the Experts
I got this in a bunch of gun parts. The only markings I can find are an '8' stamped on the inside of the curved part that mounts to the left side of a round receiver and the numbers'0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10' alternating left & right to set elevation. I would like to know the manufacturer, what it fits, and value. Any info will be appreciated!

Comments

• GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need help identifying this peep sight. I can't find any markings at all. It is about 2 5/8" long, 1 1/16" wide at wide end, the tower is 1 3/16" high and the mounting holes are 5/8" center to center. Any info on manufacturer, approximate value, and which firearm it fits will be appreciated.

[img][/img]DSCF10721.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10761.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF1073.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10741.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10741.JPG
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like it's for a Model 12 Remington to me. Could be any of the pump rifles 121, 14, 141. Lyman new in the box on the bay went for $200+ a while back. Does it have any numbers like R 12?

google "lyman r12 tang sight" and pic's will show up. It could be a Marbles or some other brand.
    edited November -1
    I can't find ANY markings on it. Thanks! I have a Remington model 12 in the shop. I will see if it fits.
    edited November -1
    Closer inspection revealed a '4' stamped on the narrow part onthe underside. I googled Lyman r12 tang sight and got a completely different sight. Any more info as to maker and what it fits?
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It appears to be a Lyman #1, as shown in the Stoeger's 1940 catalog. Made to fit various Remington rifles.

EDIT #1,

As Charlie noted earlier, for Remington Models 12, 14, 24, 25, 121, 141, & 241. Per above Stoeger's
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep :
    Looks like a PeeP Site !!!!

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
    edited November -1
    Can anyone post a picture from Stogers 1940 catalog?
    edited November -1
    Any pictures at all? With positive ID?
  • gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Gunswapper
    Any pictures at all? With positive ID?

From 1940 Stoegers Catalog
    DSC05876.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thanks gnparts! The sight in your picture has a much shorter swell at the wide end where the mounting screws go and the tang appears much thicker.Your picture also shows patent pending on the knob above the pivot point and two lines of printing on the left side of the tang; mine has no markings except a 4 on the underside. They are very similar but they are not the same. Thanks again. Any other ideas??