In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What Model is this Taurus

gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
edited October 2016 in Ask the Experts
I found parts on Numrich/Gun Parts site listed as Model 94 Small Frame.. Is this it? Did Taurus make any other 22 revolver that they designated Model 94? I am trying to find an extractor/ratchet and be sure that it is a fit.

Thanks
DSC05967.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This site might help you.

http://www.taurususa.com/find-model.cfm

My experiences with GPC/Numrich, in trying to order gun parts, hasn't been positive. In a number of instinctives they have sent the wrong parts. Although they have refunded my money. I had to eat the shipping charges, both ways.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link... I have also had some less than positive experiences with GPC/Numrich too. quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

My experiences with GPC/Numrich, in trying to order gun parts, hasn't been positive. In a number of instinctives they have sent the wrong parts. Although they have refunded my money. I had to eat the shipping charges, both ways.[xx(]
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gnprts
    Thanks for the link... I have also had some less than positive experiences with GPC/Numrich too. quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

I actually stopped into their place a few months ago and was very unwelcome. They said they no longer have a store and showed me the door. [:(!]
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :
    Looks like a REVOLVER to me ???

anyhow :

Taurus ( and a few others ) can be confusing bout ( older ) models !!!

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, Taurus did make a model 94 in 22LR, and a 941 in 22 WMR. Both models were made in stainless, blue, and aluminum framed variations.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found this pistol Item 94028154 on GB auction. Then bought an extractor/ratchet for a model 94 but is not a fit (larger)..Then using the link given to me on the forum put in my serial number which says my pistol pictured is a Model 66 made in 1986.. Not sure Taurus is correct on this.. Sure looks like a model 94 small frame to me.
    Thanks quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    Yes, Taurus did make a model 94 in 22LR, and a 941 in 22 WMR. Both models were made in stainless, blue, and aluminum framed variations.

Item
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gnprts
    I found this pistol Item 94028154 on GB auction. Then bought an extractor/ratchet for a model 94 but is not a fit (larger)..Then using the link given to me on the forum put in my serial number which says my pistol pictured is a Model 66 made in 1986.. Not sure Taurus is correct on this.. Sure looks like a model 94 small frame to me.

Any chance the Numrich sent you the wrong part? Hate to say it, but since my problems with them. Don't have a lot of confidence, in their identification of gun parts. If they aren't actually removed, from a specific known model. They are liable to tell you anything[8]

Obviously Taurus's web site is screwed, if they identify it as a .357. Seems like the same goobers that work at Numrich, moonlight at Taurus.[xx(]
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sure looks like it was made on S&W tooling to me. A k-22 star might just fit.
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    gnprts,

I cannot give the exact model, but I can say that Braztech/ Taurus may not want to help you with your gun, unless it has "Braztech" written on it. The serial number lookup, on the Taurus/ Braztech site will NOT give you a correct date. It appears that Taurus reused some model numbers, when they changed designs.

Who imported your gun? My Model 80 (.38 Special) has "International Distributors" written on it, and I believe that it was manufactured in the early Seventies. The Model 82 is the same, but with a heavy barrel. As the following picture shows, the Model 74 shot .32 S&W Longs:

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/594756786

pix014360026.jpg

)))))))))))
    (((((((((((
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My pistol was imported by International Distributors Miami Fl too. I gave the wrong impression that I bought a cylinder from Numrich although I probably would have if it had not been out of stock. I bought the cylinder on eBay and have it in the mail as a return. I know I should have sent measurements before buying! Thanks for all the help. quote:Originally posted by BigLoop22
    gnprts,

I cannot give the exact model, but I can say that Braztech/ Taurus may not want to help you with your gun, unless it has "Braztech" written on it. The serial number lookup, on the Taurus/ Braztech site will NOT give you a correct date. It appears that Taurus reused some model numbers, when they changed designs.

Who imported your gun? My Model 80 (.38 Special) has "International Distributors" written on it, and I believe that it was manufactured in the early Seventies. The Model 82 is the same, but with a heavy barrel. As the following picture shows, the Model 74 shot .32 S&W Longs:

http://www.GunBroker.com/item/594756786

pix014360026.jpg

)))))))))))
    (((((((((((