In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

taking grips off beretta model 70 .32 ?

o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Ask the Experts
Does any one know how? I have the 2 screws of but it looks like the mag releas button has a screw head and it will not turn.
I do not want to pry them off if that screw is holding them on.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking at the schematic in the "Gun Digest Book of Exploded Gun Drawings".

There is a small roll pin that is located at the bottom rear portion of the frame. That protrudes into the right grip. It seem that the right grip has to be very carefully pried off the roll pin to get it off.

The schematic doesn't show the role pin going into the left grip. It seems that the right grip is first removed. Than the left grip is pushed out from the right side so it will clear the magazine release button.
  • Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The mag button doesn't hold the grips on.
  • john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    I had a 70s in 380. Take the 2 screws off and shoot a little wd40 around them and let soak fo 10 min. They are most likely gunked on and need a little jiggling to get off. CAREFULL grips are hard to find so do not pry them off.

you can use a single edge razor blade between the grips and frame gently to get them to budge