In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trigger adjustment?

ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have a Savage 116 300 RUM it isn't an Accutrigger model I was wondering if there is any adjustment on the trigger it is 6 lbs now.

Or do I just need to step up and switch it to a Timney and be done with it?

Sandwarrior,

I tried to.lighten it up I got it down to 54oz but that wax as low as I could get it I didn't have any stones to polish it with and I read on the net that I need a lighter spring for it so I think I will just get a different trigger I was looking at the rifle basix last night on Midway so I will order it and swap them out. Thanks for the info!

Comments

• Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, and Rifle Basix. I've been able to adjust my Savage triggers quite well. They are sealed so you have to break that.

If you don't like how your Savage trigger is tuned and it's the best you can do, it won't hurt to put an aftermarket trigger you like on there. That said, Savage triggers are fairly easy to lighten up and reduce travel.

csjs1194,

Good deal. Let us know how it works out for you.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sandwarrior
    Yes, and Rifle Basix. I've been able to adjust my Savage triggers quite well. They are sealed so you have to break that.

If you don't like how your Savage trigger is tuned and it's the best you can do, it won't hurt to put an aftermarket trigger you like on there. That said, Savage triggers are fairly easy to lighten up and reduce travel.

+1[:D]