In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.351 model 1907 question

nvrenufgunsnvrenufguns Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
I've seen reference to 15 round mags for the .351, but have never seen one. The 10 rounders seem to be quite scarce, but available. Have any of you experts seen a 15 rounder? If you saw one for sale, how much was it? Thanks for your response.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never actually seen one. Heard that some extended capacity ones, were made for LE. Whether they were made by Winchester or some aftermarket outfit, I don't know?

Seen a bunch of Model 8 Remington's with hi-caps. Was told that a large LE supply house, had them made.
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester did not make a 15-round magazine for the Model 1907. When it was first introduced, only the 5-round magazine was available. In October of 1911, a 10-round magazine was first listed.
  • nvrenufgunsnvrenufguns Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you rufe and Bert. I can quit hunting for the 15 rounder and start looking in earnest for my next goal, a nice .401. Guess the place to start is here at GB!