In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 22 Mag.

SnigleySnigley Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
Guys, I recently inherited a Ruger .22 pistol purchased sometime back in the mid 60's. I didn't get any instructions with it and these aren't something I've had much experience with. My question is that I would like to get another magazine for it. Since I'm guessing this is something like a MK 1 (there are no MK markings that I can find), are the various Ruger mags interchangable, or is there something speciffic I need to get? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it was purchased in the 1960's it is a model Standard or mark1. Mark 1 mags are easy to get. Mark 2 mags are easier. You can use mk2 mags in a mk1, you just have to move the thumb buttom to the other side of the mag.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it was purchased in the 60's, and isn't marked Mark 1. It's the "Standard Model", which takes the same mag as the Mark 1.

The mag bodies used on the "Standard Model", "Mark 1" and "Mark 2", are the same. It will only be a matter of switching the follower "button" from one side of the mag to the other, for them to work in any of the early Rugers.

Best to see if you can pick up some used ones locally. As the current craziness has permeated down to Ruger 22 pistol magazines. I was at a show yesterday where some AH was trying to peddle used ones for $40 each.
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    If it was purchased in the 60's, and isn't marked Mark 1. It's the "Standard Model", which takes the same mag as the Mark 1.

The mag bodies used on the "Standard Model", "Mark 1" and "Mark 2", are the same. It will only be a matter of switching the follower "button" from one side of the mag to the other, for them to work in any of the early Rugers.

Best to see if you can pick up some used ones locally. As the current craziness has permeated down to Ruger 22 pistol magazines. I was at a show yesterday where some AH was trying to peddle used ones for $40 each.

Heck some yahoo used the $100 BIN for two and a pouch on here.
  • Options
    SnigleySnigley Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks much for the help guys!