In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun Identification

DirtyJerry44DirtyJerry44 Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
I bought a semi automatic rifle with a folding stock. The stock and forearm are synthetic. It is made in China and the only details on the gun are "W.I.C. Birm. AL". Also, "patent pending" is stamped on the synthetic stock.

I believe it resembles a Norinco but since there are no markings it may be a knock-off???

Can anyone give me more information on what it might be? It is listed on GunBroker with pictures under "Jackal1953".

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=542449127

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello All,

Can anyone id this gun? We know it is a 38 rim fire. We are interested in knowing some history behind it and value.

Thank you!

http://s1292.beta.photobucket.com/user/jbecraft/library/
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have yet to learn how to upload pictures here so here?s my best description. Receiver is marked ?Fabrique Nationale Herstal-Liege? no other markings besides the serial number. Curved bolt handle, sights are reminiscent of the Yugo M24. 7MM Mauser caliber. Sporterized stock, rifle is about carbine length. Anddd go.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I recently purchased a small revolver and I need assistance identifying the gun.
    The seller identified the gun as a WWI German Officer's Pocket Pistol .32cal double action, but I can't find anything in gun books or on the web that match that description. The gun has some very distinct features: there is no trigger guard and the trigger folds down from the frame to fire the gun, on the left side of the gun there is a safety latch that rotates 180 degrees forward & backwards.
    The grips are two piece wood with a diamond pattern & some of the markings on the gun are: on the left side of the frame "Kal.320", on the right side of the frame there is an eagle with an "N" under it. On the butt of the gun there is a serial # and manufacturer's name or logo in a circle. Some of the letters in the manufacturer's name or logo are no longer legible. On the top part of the circle the letters that are legible are "NEKE &" and of the bottom part of the circle "EHLIS"
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopkins & Allen. The cartridge was just like a big 'ol .22 except of course .355" in dia., possibly .374"(?)
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cylinder pin has been replaced or modified; here's what the original looks like:

http://www.icollector.com/Hopkins-Allen-XL-No-5-Model-spur-trigger-revolver-38-cal-desirable-5-octagon-barrel-nicke_i10487726

There was also a later double action, center fire XL-5.

H&A was in business 1868-1915.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately with the replacement grips and other mods it has lost much of it's collectors value.

Most of the rimfire spur trigger revolvers made in the US during the 1870's/80's time frame, were of the small suicide special type. Because of this there is much more collectors demand/value in one such as yours. Which would be considered a holster or belt size, not commonly found in this type of revolver.

Hard to price because of the after market mods. Collector might be still interested though, because of rarity?

EDIT #1, Got this off the net. What the original H & A grips looked like.

100_0473.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg