In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W M&P

pdaypday Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
I shot a cops full size 40s&w what i want to know, can the full size mags work in the compact pistols like the glocks can?

Michael

http://www.picturetrail.com/eagleeyewoodworking

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    HEY GUYS! Have a new M&P 357sig. Does anyone make trigger spring kits for them? Smith says they dont. I just want to lighten up the trigger pull a little. It has softened after 400 rounds but I would like a little more.
    Thanks
    Tommy

REMEMBER; Let the dog hunt. You hunt the dog.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hello, Could one of you experts look at this auction and tell me if the sling eye on the bottom of the grips is original to the gun. It looks like it belongs on a Winchester rifle. Also, if original, what might the value be on this gun? I would not want it if the sling eye is a later attachment. Also, what is the DOM if you know? Thanks!

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327435182
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i was looking into the new smith & wesson M&P .40. it seems to have some good perks in the way of ambidextrous features. the only thing is, it seems a bit on the breakable side. has anybody seen any good reviews of this new toy?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is what a lanyard ring looks like on a W W II, S & W Victory Model revolver.

DSCF0033.JPG

The Model 10 snubbie on the auction was made in the 1940's after the end of the war. It appears to be in primo condition. I can't say for certain if the lanyard ring is factory or not? Although the finish on the ring appears to match the blue on the revolver, quite well.

EDIT #1, Here a pic of the lanyard ring and swivel of the snubbie on the auction.

pix127574246.jpg
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The M10 was not introduced until 1957. The gun shown, if the SN given is correct, was made in 1961-1962, according to the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson by Supica & Nahas. The box is commercial, still being sold by Roberts Specialties.

Some M10's were made with a butt swivel for foreign contracts. Lacking police markings, revision number, original box, or even a clear photo of the SN, I would have to assume that the butt swivel was added by a previous owner. That would affect the amount I would be willing to pay for it.

Neal
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the photo showing Roberts Specialties address , also shows an internet address, SO no question that the box is a recent replacement/addition to this revolver.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strange, the only chart I have puts that serial number in the broad block of numbers for 1948-1952. Were you maybe seeing a sixth digit in the number which would put it in 1962?

If the number is legible beside the lanyard loop, I think it a good prospect for being a factory installation. That loop would be right through the serial number of many guns if an add-on.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    The "C" prefix pre-10,s didn't begin until 1948 [^]
    So, the lanyard ring has been added to that one [:0][B)]
    It' worth only his asking price [;)]