In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester 1892 Short Rifle

SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at a 1892 Winchester short rifle take down. It was suggested I contact Michael "2 bit" so I am guessing Michael is a gun broker adviser or expert. If you are would you please get in touch with me.

Comments

• SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post 1900 pre 1920. What where the barrel, magazine tube and stock variations for these. Apparently I am always out of state with out reference material when this stuff comes up. Thanks
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your question is rather vague, but here goes;

Barrel variations... the same as a standard length barrel (round, octagon, or 1/2 octagon).

Magazine tube options... the same as a standard length rifle (Full, 1/2, or specific cartridge count).

Stock variations... again, the same as a standard length rifle. The forend stock on the short rifles was 1" shorter than standard.
  • SP45SP45 Member Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven?t seen much info on scarcity or desirability for the short rifles for same condition guns do they bring more money. This one is a 20? full octagon barrel 44 wcf made in 1913.
  • Mod1892Mod1892 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SP45,

Rifles with original short barrels will bring a premium compared to a standard rifle. At least a 20% premium or more based on additional characteristics. If you will provide the serial number and photos of the rifle I will be happy to advise.

Michael

Model 1892 / 61 Collector, Research, Valuation