In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinions on value

tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Ask the Experts
I am/have started this auction...I just want to be sure that the values listed are in the ball park, so any and all opinions up to 10 are welcome...and thank you all!

https://www.GunBroker.com/item/791436590

EDIT 1

I understand what folks are saying about the scope, but this is a working, sighted in, ready to roll rifle, as it sits. The scope stays, until the auction is over, and there is a buyer. There are two other rifles like this on here. One in 25-06, that has a bid on it over $1200.00, and one in 280, that has a starting price of over $1400.00.

EDIT 2

OK, since the scope matches the rifle, it has now been included in the auction.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like a reasonable start to me. best of luck.

added I thought it clearly said the scope wasn't included.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    List the make and model of scope and the scopes power ratings - describe it and it's features in the auction...

Mike
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    JUST MY OPINION BUT OK PRICE WITH THE SCOPE, OVER PRICED WITHOUT.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    imo, in my honest opinion it won't sell at that price, and I would never put a pic in with a firearm with scope and then say it does not go with it.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Grasshopper
    imo, in my honest opinion it won't sell at that price, and I would never put a pic in with a firearm with scope and then say it does not go with it.

I agree. People shouldn't see an accessory they can't have. Also, your buyer may not see that disclaimer and won't be very happy when the rifle shows up without the scope.
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the all weather stainless M77II with the sling loops of the boat paddle synthetic stock versus the sling studs of later synthetic stocks. Even though 1998 is about 8 years from when they were introduced, you might want to ask if it is a push-feed, earlier ones were that and I've two, or controlled feed which is better. Seems a little high priced but I've sold a boat paddle stock for ~ $200 on ebay.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen tons of auctions over the years with scope mounted but listed as NOT with the auction. It's to give the buyer an idea of what scope will work with the rifle that the buyer may choose.

I always hears buyers bitching because they didn't read the description and want a scope that is as valuable as they rifle they are buying "thrown in". As far as I'm concerned buyers need to A. read the description, and B. stop trying to get everything for free.

The seller was generous in sending the scope in on this deal.