In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CENTRAL ARMS 12GA DOUBLE 6012

peedadpeedad Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Ask the Experts
I am needing a complete forearm for this shotgun. Thanks and let me know what u have.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should post in the wanted forum.

This might help cut and pasted

Central Arms Company Model 6012 was a trade name used on shotguns made for Sharpleigh Hardware Company of St. Louis, MO by J. Stevens Arms Company. Your specimen is a variant of the Springfield (a J. Stevens Arms Company trade brand used on their economy line of products) Model 315 likely made in the period 1929-1931.

Your shotgun was made using the features of the G. S. Lewis patent 1,136,247 issued April 20, 1915 which covered the use of coil spring driven strikers in hammerless double barrel guns rather than traditional revolving internal hammers. This design was the mainstay of double barrel guns for Stevens and trade brand models from 1915 to 1940.
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the 215 & 315 models use same forarm., and the 235 & 335 models use the same forarm, all you need do is figure out exactly what model you have, some pictures could help with that.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just to complicate matters, Central Arms Co. was also one the 150 or so trade names used by Crescent Firearms Company. May have also been produced for Sharpleigh Hardware, but I cannot confirm that.

We will need to see some photos.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What Pip said, need pics, especially a good clear shot of the forearm attachment lug on the bottom of the barrels. There's a good half dozen varieties of the attachment hardware that fits in the wood.