In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem Mod 12 Stock vs Rem Mod 121 Stock

pawnee66pawnee66 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Ask the Experts
Will a model 121 stock fit a model 12?

Comments

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be an improvement IMHO. The 12 points downhill for me, the 121 is just right.

added Have you posted in the wanted forum?

I learned on a model 12 starting about age 5 with Dad's help. That 12 was his rifle from back in the 30's. He liked it because it was small and light, plus it was much better sealed than the exposed hammer guns - important while running trap lines.

Around age 10 or so we came across a 121. I like the way it fit me better. I had great fun lighting stick matches with it or clipping the stems on high up pears/apples at the abandonment homestead in the the mountains.

I still have the 121, and my older Sis, who also learned on the 12 has it.

All milled steel, except for the brass magazine tube.

I was looking at new ones - one maker had several versions for $95 listed as fitting 12 - 121 but one them wouldn't fit a 12A.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_121_Fieldmaster

http://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/longgun_reviews_st_remingtonmodel12_200908/99139#

I think the PM's are still broken.
  • pawnee66pawnee66 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    It would be an improvement IMHO. The 12 points downhill for me, the 121 is just right.

That's what I was hoping for. Now all I have to do is find one!
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pawnee66

I have a complete bottom half for a 121 somewhere around here - I'll see if I can get a local shop to list it on the auction side.

(I'm too darn busy in my life to deal with following up, shipping, etc - I need to be able to drop it off one day and come back in a few weeks to collect money)
  • pawnee66pawnee66 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by llama
    quote:Originally posted by pawnee66

I have a complete bottom half for a 121 somewhere around here - I'll see if I can get a local shop to list it on the auction side.

PM when you list it!

(I'm too darn busy in my life to deal with following up, shipping, etc - I need to be able to drop it off one day and come back in a few weeks to collect money)