In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mosin Nagant question

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Ask the Experts
How much of a premium is a 1942 "Izheush" with curved bolt handle with "pick up" scope vs. the standard straight bolt non scoped model? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a nice M44, shoots better than I imagined. Found out to scope it have to remove rear sight and put rail on. Nope, I want to keep it origional.
    Found turn key job M91-30 Tula with slab side left receiver and authentic mount and MN scope w/cover and caps, all matching numbers, 85% cond for $500.
    Is it worth that high a price? I know zilch about the MN except what is printed about.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originality and condition, are the main factors. As far as military collectors are concerned.

Post quality photos, for a assessment of the rifle.

M-N's have come in by the container load. From the Eastern European ex Warsaw Pact countries. Over the lat 20+ years. Unless your rifle correct, as far as the above O & C factors. Not likely to be worth a lot, IMHO.
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 1942 Izhevsk PU sniper if all original is about $600 on the low side, up to $1200 on the high side. That would be an excellent condition all numbers matching.
    Keep in mind, the importers slapped a bunch of these together too. Some with original scopes/mounts, most with repros, counter bored, and mismatch or forced matched numbers.