In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hi Standard

Grass RangeGrass Range Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Ask the Experts
Hi Standard, Supermatic Citation,Houston,Tx. No open sights or provision made for open sights. Barrell drilled and tapped for mounting scope or red dot, etc.
I need info on when made, number made, etc. Thanks for the help

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Looking for information on serial numbers as to when a particular gun was made. Is there a book or web site that I can view, thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Hi Standard GB with a 4 1/2" barrel. It is in very good to excellent condition. There is a spot at the muzzle that the blue is polished off but otherwise looks new. The serial number is 323xxx.[8]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me if Hi Standard is still in business and if so do they have a web site?
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/4/27/the-history-of-high-standard/

I think they are gone again - sad.

I like the older High Standards.

added Thank you John. I always look forward to your input.

I am toying with the idea of a small CNC set up to make small parts.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    High Standard Houston, dates to the mid 1990's. They were the successor company, to the original CN High Standard. That went out of business in the mid 1980's.

The Houston High Standard target pistols. Were made in very limited quantity. Almost on a semi custom basis.

My understanding is that High Standard Houston, went out of business fairly recently. Your best bet, for information regarding your pistol. Would be to contact Allen Aronstine, who was a long time H-S employee.

Don't have specific contact information for him? Other than he posts extensively, to the High Standard forum. On the Rimfire Central web site.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rump organization has parts, may have production information.
    https://interarmstx.com

I bought some fairly good magazines there.
  • Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    High Standard Houston, dates to the mid 1990's. Incorportated in 1993 and began pistol production in 1994. They were the successor company, to the original CN High Standard. That went out of business in the mid 1980's November 1984.

The Houston High Standard target pistols. Were made in very limited quantity. Almost on a semi custom basis. The first couple of years High Standard Houston had significant production - several thousand. Most with an "AF prefix.

My understanding is that High Standard Houston, went out of business fairly recently. High Standard Houston filed chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1996 and recovered. They filed chapter 11 again in 2015 just after the board dismissed Alan Aronstein as president. They just converted the chapter 11 to chapter 7. Technically they are still in business but the end is near. Your best bet, for information regarding your pistol. Would be to contact Allen Aronstine, Alan Aronstein who was a long time H-S employee. Alan has no records as he was fired a couple of years ago.

Don't have specific contact information for him? Other than he posts extensively, to the High Standard forum. On the Rimfire Central web site. Alan owns Interarms Texas and has a website http://interarmstx.com/.

• Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007
    https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2016/4/27/the-history-of-high-standard/

That article is by Jim Gray the current president of High Standard Houston. There are a LOT of errors in that article.

I think they are gone again - sad. They are effectively gone again but not technically gone yet.

I like the older High Standards. So do I. I have a lot of them.