In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Please identify this .22 Magazine

gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Ask the Experts
It is a ten round capacity with a plastic follower Since it is new I am not sure if it is held in with the notch or at the back edge of magazine. Thanks

[img][/img]SGWRwii.jpg
3QAep7e.jpg
E8oGWoo.jpg
Pvbpx9z.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Triple K for Browning Challenger 2,3 & Buckmark.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure it fits a Buckmark but it sure looks like the other 2.

added In a few months I'll have a Buckmark to work on. I need the fix the firing pin (and that one has been discontinued)- it doesn't set off rounds reliably. I think it has 4 or 5 good feeding magazines - I may just keep it as its a good shooter when it does jo off.

added 2 I know this pistol has had this issue it's whole life, faint tiny little firing pin indent on the outer edge of the rim.. I'm not sure it has a magazine safety but I'll check when I take it apart. thanks

added 3 Haven't seen the pistol for over a year but the magazines look like this one.

cq5dam.web.835.835.jpeg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007

The First Buck Mark magazines, dating to the mid 80's. Were identical, although of much better quality. Browning made them specifically. To function in the 2 Challenger's, made from the mid 60's, as well as the BuckMark. When they transitioned, to the wide base BuckMark mags in the 90's. They had to drop, them being able to function in the Challengers.

Not absolutely sure, that they were made by the U.S. Triple K organization? They are much cruder, so might have been made by the Mexican Triple K or another aftermarket outfit?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by charliemeyer007

added In a few months I'll have a Buckmark to work on. I need the fix the firing pin (and that one has been discontinued)- it doesn't set off rounds reliably. I think it has 4 or 5 good feeding magazines - I may just keep it as its a good shooter when it does jo off.

Got a Browning "Challenge", (which is actually, a BuckMark). Years ago with the same problem. Drove me nuts for awhile. Till I traced it to, the magazine safety. Once I removed the mag safety, the problem was resolved. (LEGAL DISCLAIMER. THE MAG SAFETY WAS ON MY PISTOL, DO NOT REMOVE THE MAG SAFETY ON YOURS!)
  • Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to go look at a Ruger
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Triple K for Browning Challenger 2,3 & Buckmark."

Yes, that's what it is.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron