In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ar ch. handle pin length?

llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Ask the Experts
Replacing the charging handle latch/tab for a larger unit, on first of three units the pin and spring went AWOL. Found spring...

I know the pin diameter is 1/16" - what length do I need?

While I'm at it, any idea on the spring spec too just in case?

Hoping to pick some up local at one of the few remaining well stocked mom-n-pop hardware places vs. ordering online from a gun parts retailer.

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .063" DIAM. X .250" LONG
  • tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are all spec. Where you are getting your larger "Tac Latch", should also have a good supply of springs, and pins. They are cheap, and made to fit...get you some.
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965
    They are all spec. Where you are getting your larger "Tac Latch", should also have a good supply of springs, and pins. They are cheap, and made to fit...get you some.

The place I had a store credit from was OOS on the latch pins.

Got lucky and found the pin that went AWOL :) All back together ...
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Similar thing, has happened to me many times over the years. My butterfingers and small pins/springs. Have caused me, untold problems.

If you ever get into a bind again on losing small pins. Might consider using the shank of a worn out drill. Since most are made with high speed steel nowadays. A cutoff wheel in a dremel, is required to cut them to the correct length. But if it's a pin, you really need. It beats waiting a week, for one off the net to show up. Lot cheaper to.