In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

3030 winchester octagon barrel

corvettecorvette Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Can someone tell me what it is worth. I have it over 30 years. It was given to me as gift. This rifle is in great condition.

Thanks

fjb

Comments

• Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vette,
    Is it a 1967 open 427/435 H.P.? You need to furnish a model no. and about everything else to realize an approximate value. Photos also help. Best 101
  • Options
    Iroquois ScoutIroquois Scout Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At the very lest we need the serial number. Type in the first three or four numbers and use X's for the last three. It would be nice to know if we are talking about a rifle or carbine, length of barrel, shape of the butt plate (crescent rifle type,carbine type or shotgun type),any other markings like "Nickel Steel for Smokeless Powder". Is the model number behind the hammer written out "1894" or just abbreviated "'94". Anything else that you think would help determine value.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    30-30 Winchester with Octagon Barrel...Means it has to be a Model 94 Rifle..With the Winchester all Carbines were with a Round Barrel..
    If it was bought New in 1970 that would make it 32 years old. The Serial Numbers for 1970 started at 3284571 and ended at 3381298..
    and is Valued at $250.00 in the condition you discribed...Now if you find something you wish to add...Like Serial Number, Engraving or anything unusual for a Standard Model 1894 Winchester Rifle It could very well increase the value of your Rifle...Keep in mind that WE can only see what you discribe thru your eyes only...so don't skimp on details...A Letter or a Number or Combination there of could tell a whole different story...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff

Edited by - captkirk3@earthlink.net on 11/01/2002 01:03:08