In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question for the mod

PdogPdog Member Posts: 291 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
Why do so many topics get locked kinda of curious?

Comments

• Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not the mod, but I think I can answer your question. The mod figures that by 10 replies, the topic is pretty much covered. Other than that I think he'll lock it if it doesn't really belong in the Experts forum.

GL
  • Options
    PdogPdog Member Posts: 291 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ah okay that will explain why some of the ones i was wondering about got locked. thanks for the reply
  • Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Curious about that myself. Perhaps I just haven't looked in the right place, but I haven't found where on the site this is explained.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Pdog; Good Morning Sir. three years ago with I came onboard as Moderator I was given Carte Blanche to run this Forum and get it up and running in as smooth a manner as possible..I decided early on that if left alone it would go to hell in a hand basket and be loaded down with superfluous questions and answers and arguments and Bickering would be rampant...which proved to be the case...It took me almost a year to get the Forums running correctly and without the help of many members backing my attempt to make this Forum run Correctly, we would'nt be where we are today..I decided to limit the Replies to Ten [10]...and edit some of the content so as to keep the Culpability Factor under control. If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to contact me direct and I'll be most happy to talk with you....Best...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    Short TraderShort Trader Member Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever the gentleman

Great job Oh Captain, my Captain.

Buy low, short high...
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My two cents worth; this is the first place I turn to for advise because of the helpfulness and good attitudes. Whatever you're doing, it works!

Pass on the tradition, teach a kid to shoot.