In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushmaster M4

blazeblaze Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
was wanting to see how happy the owners of these guns are ? I am thinking of making this my next purchase, with the A3 sights. So let me hear from you, or if there is a cheaper alternative than Bushy, may consider it. thanks for the input.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does the Bushmaster m4 come with the piston system or is it an after market option?
  • Options
    Darin SperlingDarin Sperling Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    have one....really like it

Sperling PE
  • Options
    sgt.207sgt.207 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an A3 Bushmaster,
    shoots great.
  • Options
    bmxrcbmxrc Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try River Rock Arms in IL great product for price. I hate mil look of front site on some bushy..
  • Options
    bmxrcbmxrc Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    p.s. check into ar15.com
  • Options
    DiabloDiablo Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Bushmaster M$ in A3 config(removable carry handle) and the mini-y comp brake.

I love it.

Feeds great, no jams, very accurate....right out of the box. I use 30rd GI mags with green followers and Beta C mags.

Everyone who picks up my AR wants to buy mine or buy one.

A guy at the range had an AR he put together. Lighter trigger pull. 20" barrel and a scope. I out shot him with my open sights.
  • Options
    airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Definitely enjoy my M4, purchased because of memories of carrying a CAR in Vietnam. Visited my local gunstore one day to merely purchase some various supplies and there it was hanging on the wall. Without any hesitation just had to have, ten minutes later walked out with it under my arm.

To date have never fired, and may never shoot. This was not my first Bushmaster, if you want one for the range would recommend going with a XM15-ES2/A-3 Target Rifle or a V-Match Competition Rifle.

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sounds as if I may have to get one then. Airborne I already have a bushy 20", but just like the way that M4 looks, just I wanted to make sure it delivered more than looks when I drop the mula on it. Thanks to all you for the replies/ info.
  • Options
    blackjackdeltablackjackdelta Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have an A3M4 and just love it. Carried a car-15 for 2.5 years and it is like having an old friend back. I agree, very straight out of the box, but a lot depends onthe quality of the ammo. Looks great, fun gun, put a good red dot on it, shoot away
  • Options
    blackjackdeltablackjackdelta Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Forgot to add, Rock River, Olympia, Wilson Armalite, colt to name a few. Drool away and have a big wallet.

Good luck
  • Options
    DiabloDiablo Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blaze,

If you already have a 20Hbar rifle. Why don't you just get a M4 upper. Unless the complete M4 look is important to you.